- How Will I Know When to Switch? There is no “right” time to change your baby’s nipple level.
- Premmie Nipple, 0 months+
- Level 1 Nipple, 0 months+
- Level 2 Nipple, 3 months+
- Level 3 Nipple, 6 months+
- Level 4 Nipple, 9 months+
- Y-Cut Nipple (9 months+)
What age are size 2 teats Dr Brown?
The suggested age range for the Level 2 teat is 3 months+ but baby’s preferred flow rate may vary. The contoured breast-like shape encourages a proper latch for a more natural bottle-feeding experience.
When should baby move to number 2 teat?
Level 2 Teat, 3 months+
As a baby’s feeding develops and they are taking a longer time feeding from a Level 1 teat, many parents choose to move up to a Level 2 teat. Consider Level 2 if your baby is accepting early solid foods, or if their Healthcare Professional has recommended thickening their milk.
How do I know if the teat is too slow?
- Frustration while feeding; unlatching from the teat and crying.
- Biting the teat.
- Taking longer to feed.
- Losing interest in a feed.
- Falling asleep before finishing a feeding.